Saturday, July 3, 2010

Haul and review!

It's a shame that the weathers sad and gloomy; I had my whole day planned but unfortunately, summer rain had to spoil it all.  So, I decided to cheer myself up and purchased some make-up!  Now, I've been lusting over many products at Sephora, however this girl is saving up her mula for a new phone (yes, a new phone - sigh).  So I decided to go to Monoprix; which I'm guessing is the french-version of Target, Walmart, etc.

Now, lately I have quite an obsession with lipsticks and I told myself that I would stop but oh no!  That was complete BS.  I have however stopped purchasing eyeshadows (I have no desire on purchasing any crazy colours; just ones I use on a daily basis) and as for blushes, there's only one that I use and love (MAC Desert Rose) however I'm debating on whether or not I should get Benefits SugarBomb (I'm a sucker for their packaging and colours!).

But in the meantime!  Lets review some of my recent purchases! :)

Revlon Matte Lipstick in 002 Pink Pout:

I absolutely love this!  I have no idea why I purchased something nude-pink because I can't ever pull that look off!  Ever!  However, the colour was just too pretty, haha.  So, I decided to give it a shot.  Anyways, I love this!  I think the shade is perfect for my skin tone but of course with the right eye make-up as well.  I don't think I'll be considering anymore light pink shades though, but this is a keeper!




Bourjois Sweet Kiss in 43 Rose Pomponne

I normally don't like Bourjois products - their blushes make me break out and their foundation cakes up my face.  However, I do like their lipsticks (and liquid eyeshadows!).  The texture is so smooth and light and the shade is just beautiful.  A nice mauve pink - perfect for an everyday look!  I'm currently using Twig by Mac but I have a feeling I'll be switching it up with this!  Not a fan of the packaging thought but oh well.



I also ended up buying nail polish - I'm not able to find the right shade over the net however the brand is Debby and their nail polishes are amazing!  I love their quality and the consistency is amazing!  I might even consider ditching OPI's and going for this brand instead, mostly because when it comes to OPI nail polishes, the consistency is thick and I also have to have about 5 coats to get an even colour - I have no patience for that.  I might consider looking into their make-up range, but the prices are affordable however not much variety when it comes to their nail polish collection.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for following me I really must try some of those lipsticks out x

    ReplyDelete